Sunday, December 19, 2010

Top 10 Albums of the Decade

Originally published December 10, 2009

Okay, I may not be an expert when it comes to music, but here are my nominations, in order, for Best Albums of the Decade. Unlike my film and television show choices, which wil be coming up in the next few weeks, these may be up for some slight debate.

10. Walk the Line soundtrack - only soundtrack on the list (though Moulin Rouge was close). Great movie, better soundtrack. Johnny Cash has a whole new generation of fans.

9. Fly or Die by N.E.R.D. - my brother likes it so I must as well

8. The Marshall Mathers LP by Eminem - remember the early 2000's when you thought you were still cool. Me too.

7. Elephant by the White Stripes - mainly for that first song that goes dum, dum dum dum dum dum, dum. okay, I told you I'm no music critic.

6. Viva la Vida by Coldplay - even better in concert

5. Hot Fuss by the Killers - I think this is the first CD Kathleen bought me, but even if it was from a girlfriend from the past, I'd still like it.

4. Here Comes the Zutons by the Zutons - the only album suggested by the Book 1,001 Albums to Listen to Before You Die. Worth listening to before . . . you know.

3. Weezer (The Green Album) by Weezer - It's no Weezer (The Blue Album) but that was the 90's and the best album of all time.

2. Risen by O.A.R. - every person has a college album they never stopped listening to . . . here's mine

1. Feed the Animals by Girl Talk - brilliant, though technically not by a singer or group. Best album to ever run a race in - pretty much like cheating. Thanks Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories