Sunday, December 19, 2010

Top 10 Televsision Shows of the Decade

originally published Dec. 16, 2009
 
Now, if there's one thing I know, it's television. Part of my major was even television theory (thanks mom and dad for paying the tuition for those classes). Plus tv was the best babysitter we ever had. Therefore, I present to you the Top 10 Television Shows of the Decade. No need for debate.

10. Breaking Bad (AMC): Just discovered this show this summer and what a storyline . . . chemistry teacher dying of cancer learns how to make crystal meth to support his wife and disabled son. Heartwarming and the best ad campaign Nancy Reagan never had for Just Say No.

9. Best Week Ever (VH1): This was the best way to catch up on the week's pop culture, in case you missed it. Mostly trash, but hysterical nonetheless. They had some great comedians til this past year, then it's gone downhill.

8. The Daily Show (Comedy Central): Jon Stewart is the smartest man on television. His election year shows are worth every Emmy. As I become an old man, however, I rarely make it through the whole show anymore. 11 PM is late.

7. How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Question 1: Do the writers have any idea who their mother is or are they just stringing us long? Question 2: Why is grown up Ted the voice of Bob Saget and not just Ted? Don't really care as long as Barny Stinson is . . . wait for it . . .

6. Entourage (HBO): If there is one show that mirrors my life, it would have to be Entourage.

5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia (F/X): Take a look at the four most egotistical characters of the 90's-the Seinfeld Crew. Now multiply that by a hundred.

4. The Office (NBC): Didn't see enough of the UK version to compare it, but still the best 30 minutes of my week. That's what she said.

3. LOST (ABC): Okay, so I am only 12 episodes into season two with two more season's to go. This may go up and down the list in the next few weeks and will keep you updated. It took me a while to realize what I was missing. However, since it's on Netflix instant view, I do not have to wait a week to answer (and get more of ) my questions. I'll probably watch anothe one in an hour so don't tell me how Charlie dies.

2. Sopranos (HBO): Ok, so I'm Italian and was born in New Jersey, five minutes away from the Bada Bing? Other than some relatives that I cannot mention having some similar characteristics, it was the best famiy drama in the history of television. And by the way, the last two minutes was the 2nd best ending ever.

1. Arrested Development (Fox): Sadly this show only made it to three seasons; the Bluth family will be missed. It was the story of a wealthy family who lost everything and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together. The finest writing in modern television.

Honorable mentions: The West Wing, Big Brother Season 11, American Idol Season 2, Modern Family, The OC, Yo Gabba Gabba, The Big Bang Theory, and Morning Express with Robin Meade

Amendment #3.5 True Blood. The thought of moving to Louisiana left me once I saw the opening credits. Wow

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories